WINTER ROBBED YOU OF YOUR MOTIVATION MOJO? 5 QUICK TIPS TO GET IT BACK!
Posted on July 13 2020
You’ve looked on the roof of the car, checked the fridge, made sure it isn’t shoved between the cushions on the couch, or hasn’t slipped into one of those feral crevices in the back seat of the car with old sultanas and mashed up Arrowroot's.
It’s official... Winter has robbed you of your motivation mojo and it’s absolutely nowhere to be found.
But don't get your frosty knickers in a knot, here are 5 quick tips to help get back to regular training - whether that be in the gym, running, swimming or in the studio.
1. ⏰ The snooze button was invented for reason. Cool temps and lack of light impact our body rhythm, so use the snooze, mix up your workout times and schedule a lunchtime session.
Mornings your only option? Crank up the heater, warm your gear and take a quick shower to get your temps up .
2. 🌞 Sign up now to a (virtual) race in Spring so you’ve got something to train toward. Eventbrite has a great list of virtual events, many of which are also set up to raise money for good causes - an even bigger nudge to throw back the covers and get out of the house. https://www.eventbrite.com.au/d/online/virtual-run
3. 💰Invest in the right gear. Pssst.... We can help with that - the Elation High Rise Legging is warm and perfect for wet conditions. Investing in gloves, hats, warm socks and jackets are good ways counteract the cold and worth the investment.
4. 👩🏽🤝👩🏼Don't leave her hanging! Find a friend to train with and stay accountable. Knowing someone is waiting for you is the best motivation to get up and at ems.
5. 🎶 Train to tunes. Music helps you get into a rhythm and can actually mimic an increased heart rate, causing a surge in adrenaline and a boost in performance!
Also know (yep, I'm slipping in a cheeky number 6 tip) that it’s okay to take time off when you need to and give your body break.